Popular Culture and Print Media Paper
Posted On March 21, 2017
Popular Culture and print Media Paper
University of phoenix
June 27, 2011
Briefly describe the roles that the print media has played in the development of American popular culture.
Written media is huge in American pop culture. One thing is that media is everywhere one cannot get away from it. Unless on can build a time machine go back in time far enough to get away from the media. Every little thing is written and published because we as a people think we need to know every little that goes on in the world. And they call this freedom of speech. There are things out there that we do not need to know and it still gets published. There are different types of media one that people trust and then one has the news papers that are just BS news like farms has a 3 headed chicken. This kind of news really does not need to be printed.
Music in some cultures like the Native Americans is the way they used to pass down their history in songs. Now the Native Americans write it down to help teach their young the ways of the old. In a way we still do this because most of what is sang about has happened in the world. There are songs about anything and every happening in the world. Every culture writes their music down instead of singing it down to their kids. Music is the most powerful way to get the history of mankind out there.
News papers have been written for over 200 years. They have told the world about everything from the World War I to the war that we are fighting now. The news paper lets us know about cars for sale to what kind of jobs that need help to who needs a date. News papers help keep us informed some time to inform. The news should lay back to report less so the world can take a breather from the bad news of the world.
* Identify at least three trends propagated by the print media. Evaluate the impact of these trends on your views or attitudes concerning the following topics:
* Consumerism- Consumerism makes it so someone can buy mass amounts of thing from anywhere in the world. With print media one can buy things from news papers or the internet because the internet is a kind of print media. It reaches a much larger amount of people then just a news paper. Consumerism in a way is a bad thing because one can just order what they need and have it shipped to the front door. This just makes it too easy to purchase large amounts of product.
* Social responsibility- of mass printed media should put less detail in all the news report that they do. Society wants to know everything right now and as technology gets better humans will know everything as it happens. It is almost like that now but there is still a delay between information getting to the people.
* The human body- – is able to be kept more health because the health products are getting easier to get and use. With the use of the printed media it is get the word to the people that don??™t use the internet. It is good to get the work out there so people can buy stuff the helps keep them healthier. Like the elderly have a hard time with the internet and they still use the news paper and coupon to do their shopping. They were never raised with the internet so most elderly don??™t know how to us it.
* Justice, law, and order- mass printed media helps and hurt the law enforcement department, because the new people finds any way to get the info of what is going down at the time. When I say anything they will put themselves into harm??™s way to get the story. They will pay for the information also. So when the police are working on a crime it is being sent out all over the world via the mass printed media. The work is just too informed long before the crime is done and over with.
We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!